Monday, June 07, 2004

Where have I been? Working a lot? Yes. Visit any interesting places? Yes.

1. Weekend May 21-23: Washington, DC

I spent the weekend with college friends on the back end of a business trip. It was great to see three old buddies, and I saw a couple of new sights: WWII Memorial and the Spy Museum. Both were cool.

2. Weekend May 28-30: Indianapolis, IN

I made my annual pilgrimage to the Indy 500. I brought along a friend who had never attended, and I met up, as usual, with an old high school buddy. It rained, rained, and rained so it tested the patience of even the most die-hard fan. The race was cut short by 20 laps because the storms were huge and tornadoes were spotted all around the city. On the way up to Chicago, we had to pull off and spend a few hours in the Circle city because it was too freaky and dangerous to be driving around.

3. Weekend June 4-6: Galveston, TX

My wife and I attended the wedding of my old high school buddy. We flew into Houston and drove to Galveston. That area was also getting hit by huge storms so our 75 min-drive turned into over two hours. Two weekends in a row, Indy and Houston, I was hit by hail, high winds, and blinding rain. No tornadoes in Houston though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home