Tuesday, April 13, 2004

Here's what's been up:

1. My college friends and I are planning a trip to DC in May. My old roommate lives there so we're attempting to get a small group together to crash his new condo. If it comes together, it'll be a fun weekend.

2. My wife and I attended a Boys & Girls Club charity event last Saturday. We volunteered our services a bit in the beginning, but, most of the night, we ate, drank, danced, bid on auctions, etc. The normal fund-raiser activities... At the silent auction, we "won" a trip to a spa and a wine & cheese party at a women's boutique in Lincoln Park. Not much for me, of course, but my wife is happy.

3. On Saturday, I hit "refresh" a dozen times on Ticketmaster.com, attempting to buy tickets to see the Pixies in Chicago. In the end, I was able to buy six tickets for the show in November. It sold out in less than 30 minutes. I haven't been this excited to see a show in a long time, and my bro in Vegas plans to fly out for it. I never saw Pixies back in the day (that I can remember, at least) so I'm glad they got back together to do a tour.

More to come later on...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home