Friday, March 05, 2004

My new project at work is getting interesting, but I'm not sure if that's a good turn of events. After three weeks, I'm finally getting a handle on what it is that I'm staffed to do. Ostensibly, I'm here to get the global client-facing executives ready to use a particular software package on the job. However, over this short time, I have learned that I'm really here to wrangle egos, avoid political traps, and ever-so-gently persuade these high-flyers to do work over the next six months. This is no small task, considering the hubris and bullying that pervades the upper eschelons of my company, but, nonetheless, it will certainly be interesting. I'm sure that, as long as my employment continues, these circumstances will provide entertaining blog entries as I open the hood and see how the machine works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home