Wednesday, February 15, 2006

What I'm reading right now:

- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep? by Philip K. Dick - I can't believe I've waited this long to read PKD. I'm a little more than half-way through, and I love it. (For those who don't know, the movie Blade Runner was based on this novel.) The book's ending is supposed to be great so I'm really looking forward to it. I don't own any more PKD, but I'll have to think about what to read next. However, the Arthur C. Clarke novels came in yesterday, and I don't need to buy any additional sci-fi right now.

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. My wife got me some nice chocolates at a local "chocolate bar" and a book on cheese. (Yes, seriously...I really wanted one. For all holidays, I want presents that I know I want. I couldn't have been happier!) I got my wife some locally-made "exotic" chocolate from a place called Vosges. After she made dinner (steaks, potatoes, etc.), we sampled the sweets with a nice petite sirah port from Imagery Estate Winery, where we're part of the club. I also got her a spa package at Michael Anthony on Belmont. She'll get a manny, peddy, facial and massage whenever she wants to book some time with her friend who likes to go to MA, too.

For our daughter, we got her a "first V-day" card and some yogurt and Cheeries because those foods are her favorite things! She chewed on the card and threw it down to the ground, which is a sign that she liked it. ; )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home