Monday, January 03, 2005

New Year's Weekend was just errands, projects, and relaxing.

The wife and I built bookshelves on Saturday and threw away a whole bunch of crap that was shoved into closets over the last few years. The shelves are beautiful, and they fill the entire back wall of our lower floor. Of course, there are boxes and stacks of books everywhere, but getting that done (whenever we do it) will be a lot of fun. I'm just glad that we recycled and threw away so much shit that was just piling up. My wife's getting better at identifying what she no longer needs. She's a pack rack, and, with the kid coming, he have to free up as much space as possible.

Today, we continued straightening up by putting all of the Xmas stuff back into storage. That cleared up some space downstairs, but not that much. Those damn books are everywhere.

Later on, we went to Lord & Taylor at Water Tower to buy some coats. They were having a big sale, and I needed some new coats badly. I bought a nice wool top coat to go with suits and sport coats for 50% off and a cashmere wool winter coat at 66% off. I saved a bunch of dough, and I'm happy.

Tomorrow, my client has a corporate holiday. The consultants don't have to go to the office because clients aren't coming in at all. I have a lot of work to do (re: work that I blew off for many days during the holidays), and I guess I'll do it at home unless someone calls me in for some reason. I hope not.

Blog on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home