Monday, November 22, 2004

It's funny how fast things change.

In the last blog entry, right at the end of my vacation, I was feeling great and ready to get back to the grind.

Now, about six weeks later, I'm back to feeling stressed out, down, and overwhelmed.

It's funny how fast things can change. In June, I had had enough. By September, after all of the good news in professional and personal life, I thought everything would be fine. At the beginning of November, I realized that nothing really changed and that the job will only get worse. By worse, I mean more work with less resources; more accountability and responsibility without guidance; and, more uncertainty without stability. It's just too much. That's what I keep saying. There has to be more to life than just work and stressing about work.

I hope that the birth of our daughter (have I mentioned that, at the last ultrasound, a couple of weeks ago, we found out that we're having a girl?) will bring some much needed balance to my life. It has to because I'm not going to be like any of the "role models" with which I currently work. I'm not going to miss all of Olivia's "firsts" because I'm still at the office during the wee hours. If that happens, I know I'll have to quit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home